Commercial Law Australia: Keeping Businesses Secure
In today’s global marketplace, understanding international commercial law (as well as Australian commercial law) is integral to the success of Australian businesses. That’s why My Lawyers is a proud member of the Law Institute of Victoria Australia: As one of Australia’s top commercial law firms, we will work with you to build a strong, legally solid foundation for your business.
Why Commercial Law Matters
If you’re new to the world of business, you’re probably wondering: “What is commercial law, and why does it matter?” Commercial law definition is, of course, a broad subject, but the most relevant commercial law notes are as follows:
Commercial law is, first and foremost, necessary to ensure the security and efficacy of commercial contracts. When you sign a contract with a client, supplier, or partner, for instance, it is essential that the contract be legally binding in order to prevent either party from violating its tenets with impunity. Additionally, business owners often need the assistance a commercial solicitor to handle matters concerning commercial lease law and various regulatory laws (e.g. product safety laws and environmental laws). Finally, business owners who face litigation (legal action) require the services of commercial litigation lawyers to protect their interests.
The major areas of commercial law include:
- Entity formation (such as shareholder and partnership agreements);
- Agreements between customers, suppliers, and distributors;
- Dispute resolution;
- Financing arrangements;
- Transportation arrangements;
- Management arrangements.
The My Lawyers Promise: Our Commercial Law Services
At My Lawyers, we work closely with both large and small businesses to ensure that legal risks are proactively mitigated and disputes are resolved in a timely manner. Our clients benefit from:
- Regular communication. We believe in building strong, lasting relationships with our commercial clients. We will work to understand your unique needs and cultivate trust.
- Responsiveness. We know that, for business owners, time is most definitely money. That’s why we strive to deliver prompt service, straightforward advice, and efficient solutions.
- Value. Above all else, My Lawyers works to preserve the client’s bottom line. It is our aim to prevent legal problems so that your profits are never needlessly impacted by legal complications.
- Knowledge. We can work proficiently on a regional, national and international level thanks to our diverse knowledge of different economic niches.
Regardless of whether you operate in the communications sector or construction industry, handle the acquisition of resources or work as an entertainer, My Lawyers has the commerce law skills you need to succeed. We’re even proficient in sports law, manufacturing law, finance, and franchising regulations. No matter your needs, we’re ready to become an integrated, proactive member of your extended team.
Get in Touch
To speak with one of our legal experts, please complete the contact form below or telephone us on (03) 8379 1000 to get in touch with us today.
John Velos, principal of the firm, obtained a Commerce and Law double degree from Melbourne University. He continued with his studies and obtained a Master of Laws degree from Melbourne University in the areas of Commercial Law, Finance and International Laws.